Monday, May 31, 2021

~:[CH10 - Day 151]:~ Focus

 
~:[CH10 - Day 151]:~ Focus

I set aside Monday to grade. I think it was a good chance to remind ourselves why we have this day off. Too many times, I've thought of it as a long weekend, but failed to celebrate those who we've lost that gave us the chance to enjoy life. As I watched the commercials and looked through the ads our seniors made and graded the work from other classes, I thought about how different it could all be, if there was a powershift in the world had it not been for the sacrifices of those who gave all. Their families also gave so much, as they lost their sons and daughters, mothers and fathers, and more. As much as we celebrate these long weekends with what we do on our to-do lists of fun, let's also be sure to pause and take some time to reflect on why a particular holiday exists. I need to remind myself as well regularly. To those some and to those who gave all, we salute you and thank you on this day and everyday, as without you, we would not have all we have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment