Sunday, June 1, 2014

~:[CH3 - Day 152]:~ Tri and Try Again

~:[CH3 - Day 152]:~ Tri and Try Again
It was quite an honor to be asked to run on Surf and Turf with two truly awesome people. I was so excited to do it that I actually trained for it, unfortunately, the running gods did not approve and my body said, no yet. Ultimately, I was left in the coaching role for a team that found pretty good success with a 2:35:05.4 which took third in the co-ed division and fifth overall! It was definitely a fun day except for the fact that we had to wake up so early in the morning and then find a way into the parking area since all the roads were blocked off! They needed better information on the closures! Quickly after the race, I headed to watch my athletes run the steeple at the junior olympics! They did fairly well for not being in shape and fully prepared, however, they do have a few more weeks to get there. Afterwards, I was so exhausted from waking up early and being out in the sun, so I headed to the wonders of the couch after scarfing down a spicy sashimi bowl, a milk tea, and a passion fruit juice topped off with a deliciously cold water! Thank you to the super awesome Surf and Turf team who showed off their skills today. For some reason, I looked a little different during the run of course the glasses make it clear that it was me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment