Monday, August 24, 2015

~:[Spotlight]:~ Jonathan Watanabe


~:[Spotlight]:~ Jonathan Watanabe

We've had our differences, but when I think back to my life with my brother, I can honestly say that he has been such an incredible person in my life who has always cared for me since the day I was born. When I was little, he used to sneak into my crib to be with me and throughout my life, I have played the roll as his sidekick.

I got to toast to him and his new wife at their wedding last week and it was great to think back to all the memories that we shared. I can't believe that we went to the same K-8, High School, College, Credentialing School, and Masters Program.

Brother, you've been there for me throughout my life and I was lucky enough to say a lot of what I would have said in this post to you in person at your reception. I am just so thankful to have a brother like you who has always cared for me as much as you could (because I know I would have to cook if we were stranded somewhere) and has always looked over me.

While I may not always show it, I am thankful every day that I have been blessed to have a brother like you by my side. I couldn't imagine many other siblings being able to room together in college and work next door to each other at school. Of course, I wasn't too sad when you  moved away because I inherited a second room :)

I am so glad to see you so happy and to see you move on to the next stage in your life. Just remember that I will always be here for you and I love you so very much! Thank you brother and for all that you have done as my superhero, you deserve your moment in the spotlight!

*****

The spotlight is a column that will highlight at least one person every week who deserves all the gratitude in the world for what they do. While the individual may never make the headline news, they are the type of person that deserve their moment in the spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment