Friday, August 28, 2015

~:[Spotlight]:~ Sandy Hu


~:[Spotlight]:~ Sandy Hu

Sometimes you wonder if things just happen by accident or if things really fall into place. I still remember back when a girl in my math class lost her money for prom. My friends and I didn't really know her that well, but we ended up getting a collection to get that ticket (or something along those lines). Regardless, that moment seemed to start one of the high school friendships that I still treasure to this day. 

While we have always been separated by quite a distance, we've always seemed to connect. Whether back at home, in San Diego or in New York, it always is a joy to reconnect with you and to see you thriving in what you do. 

When you headed off to New York, I was a little sad, because I knew you had the skills to make it there and would be quite the distance away. However, I am happy to see you adjust to the city and to find such great success. It's always a pleasure to catch up and see you, no matter how short of time we have together. 

I will always remember you love for dolphins, your thoughtfulness, your creativity and now it's a joy to see your growth with the Lord. To be able to see the places you worship have been quite the blessing and have also reminded me to keep my conversation with God open. 

I always keep you in my prayers and while we are quite the distance away, I will always keep our friendship as one I hope will last. 

You've always been a behind-the-scenes type of person, but for your love, care and concern for others, the effort and love you put into all you do and for the smile that shines brighter than Times Square, I believe it's your time to be in the spotlight. 

*****

The spotlight is a column that will highlight at least one person every week who deserves all the gratitude in the world for what they do. While the individual may never make the headline news, they are the type of person that deserve their moment in the spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment