~:[CH6 - Day 126]:~ Sometime Life Takes You Away
It was storming a bit on Saturday and with how busy I have been, I decided to sleep in. I took care of a few things in the morning, but focused on relaxing and trying to take everything in. It's weird how fast time passes. When you realize that the freshman you once had have now become seniors and the year that just began is now ending. Regardless, you stride forward and keep moving on. You roll with the punches and never give up. You walk faster, hoping to keep up. You find a way to stay grounded, when life tries to take you away. There are so many lessons encapsulated in a year it's hard to think about how you can capture them all in a picture, but I think I may have today. Celebrating a big event with storm clouds in the sky, an umbrella to protect and people to keep you grounded, yet the thrill of taking the risk off the ground. The days of black and white mixed with those vivid memories that pop like shades of red, blue and green. Prom was an excellent day to reflect as I saw so many students who I share so many memories with move on into the final stages of their year. It's amazing to see how they've grown and enjoyable to watch them enjoy the evening. As usual, it was a beautiful venue and as I stood on the balcony overlooking to the site, I soaked it all in, as I got an opportunity to reflect on it all. I left a little early to meet up with a friend, but couldn't help but talk about all the memories of the evening. As I scrolled through photos from the day, I saw the impending storm try to ruin the day, but the smiles could not be defeated, as life was the winner of today's battle.


No comments:
Post a Comment