Tuesday, May 30, 2017

~:[CH6 - Day 150]:~ What the Heart Wants

~:[CH6 - Day 150]:~ What the Heart Wants
It was quite the disastrous trip home. I missed seeing a friend before leaving, I paid extra for parking, and spent pretty much an entire day in the airport. There was some good, but a lot that was frustrating. Regardless, I was well taken care of. The lounge was amazing, I got my own row, and I had time to think. I started to think, what has this and all my other adventures be about. What is it that I want and it made me think, what is it that everyone wants? I guess life for everyone is not like mine, but why should someone be jealous of my adventures. What is it that I have that others do not? What I give up to do this are things that others may value more. I guess life is truly about what the heart wants. For some it's family and love, for some it's independence and for others it's interests such as cars, shopping, or even investing. However, I think in the process of this all, I began to question what it is that my heart wants. As my mind wanders and desires to be abroad and explore and adventure, a piece of my heart begins to explore other possibilities. It's the process of adaptation that we humans all go through. Will it change me or is this wandering piece of my heart only temporary. As I sat on the shoreline at the Dragon Boat Festival on the day that I was about to leave, I smiled at the colors, the festivities and just the fact that I was somewhere else and in a day, I would be back home. Tomorrow, I am not sure what my heart will tell me, but today, my heart was at ease, soaking in all the beauty the world has to offer. The trip was a roller coaster of adventures, but I would not have changed a thing if I had a chance to go back and do so. I met new friends, grew closer to others, and learned even more as I begin to wonder where my heart wants to go from here. For now, I'll sleep at ease knowing that I made it home, but tomorrow and everyday forward, I'll have to wonder what my heart wants. Until the day that I can answer that question, I think I will still be searching the world for the answer and even then, the situation will be ever changing. Regardless of what your heart wants, chase it and pursue it with all of your heart and don't allow others from chasing what your heart holds most precious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment