~:[Spotlight]:~ June Kim
I picked this picture for June, because she is the "dawg." I am not sure what I would be like without June. Coming from a private school, the transition into high school was going to be rough, however, she made it that much easier for me, as she took me in as a friend and introduced me to all of her friends. I didn't feel much of a "transition" and I owe most of it, if not all of it, to June. I will always remember her teaching me the Animaniacs countries of the world song, bowling with her in the early morning in a season "she" got most improved, cooking chili and other delicious foods, seeing if we could see our Spanish teacher smile, celebrating our 16th birthday's together even if our birthdays were two months apart, and of course, the junebug that I slipped under the door just before she comes out screaming. It's always great to sit down with her and grab a bite to eat and while I wish our schedules could align more, it's always great to know that you had a life-altering friend such as June in your past. You always find a way to encourage others, say it how it is, and always make me feel good when things are not always so great. You are inspiring and have inspired me to do good in this world by just being yourself and welcoming me into your world.
*****
The
spotlight is a column that will highlight at least one person every
week who deserves all the gratitude in the world for what they do. While
the individual may never make the headline news, they are the type of
person that deserve their moment in the spotlight.


No comments:
Post a Comment