Sunday, October 27, 2019

~:[CH8 - Day 300]:~ Shedding a Bit of Ourselves

~:[CH8 - Day 300]:~ Shedding a Bit of Ourselves
I wasn't feeling well all day, it was minor, but just annoying. It didn't help that tomorrow, I had a few meetings for MUN and our cross country prep for league finals to get ready for. I got up and ended up taking a nap after trying to work. It worked for the most part. I got the medication I needed and was able to refocus. As I got my haircut, I couldn't help but think how it's like us. Every so often, we trim the edges of ourselves and cut what we think we no longer need. Sometimes we realize we cut off too much, while other times, it's just right. I think it's healthy for us to reanalyze ourselves and do the trimming every so often, leaving the past where it belongs. Carrying lessons from the past into the future is fine, as long as it doesn't weigh us down and keep us anchored to it. As while my head was spinning just a bit, my thoughts were incredibly clear as I thought about this all day. Some of us may never choose to trim the past and some will do it regularly and it's our own choice, but for me, I feel good when I take that moment to do that shedding, even when I feel as miserable as this. Tomorrow will be a busy day, but for now, I'll relax, feeling a bit lighter than before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment