Tuesday, October 10, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 283]:~ Mostly

 
~:[CH12 - Day 283]:~ Mostly

Growing up as a bowler, perfect only meant one thing, not a single blemish; a perfect 300. It's rare for that feat to happen and the closest I've gotten is 11 strikes, three times. For many, the same goes for whatever they do, the chances of perfection are nil. In some areas, perfection might be more manageable, but in reality perfection is but a fallacy that we'll chase for the rest of our lives. The drive for perfection may be the biggest barrier to us finding satisfaction and happiness and while I am not going to say it's not possible or should not be chased, we must also appreciate our progress even when it isn't "perfect." Today was a day that went mostly perfect. The weather cooled down a bit and was mostly fine, the workload today was manageable and of course our athletes ran mostly to the plan. We were down one of our top seven, but so was Whitney. A few of our athletes weren't feeling well, some sat out and some toughed it out. For those who stepped foot on the course, I was proud of the effort that they put forth. For most, they sacrificed their summer and free time to prepare for these moments, they dug deep to push through fatigue, they spent extra moments working on strength, icing, massaging and everything else they needed to do. While they need to keep working to reach their ultimate goal, this was a breakthrough moment for them, as they checked a box on their season's to-do list. Who knows how things will turn out when the teams are at full strength or if we'll be at full strength at all, but I'll worry about that on another day and appreciate the fact that today was mostly perfect. I doubt that with a team my size, I'll never find a perfect race day, but I'm sure that those mostly perfect days are still awaiting on the road ahead. However, even though in my mind I know that there was room to improve and things to fix, but there's no doubt that today their efforts and progress impressed me and for that, I will leave this day satisfied. In the end, the team left me with one thing that was perfect, their record on the day (20-0). Congrats Ohana! 

No comments:

Post a Comment