With the heat staying in the 80s, it would be a bit of a challenging day at Mt. SAC today. Just standing at school, I knew it would be a toasty day and I was right. For the most part, our athletes did what they needed to do. They race just hard enough to get experience on the course, but also raced smart to stay healthy for league finals this upcoming week. I've always debating dropping Mt. SAC because of the proximity, but always know getting on the course is not only historic, but good preparation for CIF. We didn't end the day unscathed, but we should be ready for CIF, as we survived the tough conditions of the day. After getting a quick bite, I ventured over to our family Halloween party. I walked in as they were doing "races," which was a fun contest with windup toys. I got a little tip and picked the right one in order to steal a win in the first round, but didn't win the overall title. It was fun just being with family even if I wasn't dressed up as I came from the meet. I was definitely tired by night's end, but glad I made it through another fun, but exhausting day.
Saturday, October 21, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment