The Suburban League Prelims was a pretty good success, as many of our athletes performed to the level we had hoped. I have to look back to see the times of qualifiers for past league finals, as with a faster league, it was great to see the number of qualifiers that we had. [The following might be foreign language to some of you.]
1600 GFS - 6:03, 6:08, 6:09, 6:11 (1st - 4th Seeds at Finals)
1600 BFS - [PRs - (-7), (-8), (-9)]
1600 GV - 5:37, 5:43, 5:44 [PRs - (Tie), (-3), (-8)]
1600 BV - 4:52, 4:54 [PRs - (-1), (Tie)]
400 GFS - Auto Advance
400 BFS - [PRs - (-1)]
800 GFS - 2:42, 2:50, 2:52
800 BFS - 2:13 [PRs - (-2)]
800 GV - 2:32, 2:36, 2:38 [PRs - (Tie)]
800 BV - 2:06
Two of our events went to finals. We were able to take three medals and six of eight PRs in the 3200m.
3200 GFS - 12:48, 12: 53, 13:29, 14:07 [PRs - (-7), (-9), (-7), (-45)]
3200 BFS - [PRs - (-36), (-27)]
We have our league finals on Thursday at La Mirada at 4pm.
Tonight, I am going to Disneyland to participate in the scavenger hunt in the park from 7p - 1a. It will be quite the adventure despite the fact that we will not win :) Probably because when we were studying (Pocahantas), I fell asleep :P
This weekend, along with Mother's Day on Sunday, I got a full weekend of MUN at my alma mater, UC Irvine. I hope the conference turns out well.
I guess this week will be my full work week and then next week will be my full me week ;)
Until next time ...
I'll see you on the other side of the bridge.
the other side of the bridge
is closer than it seems
as you seem to be distracted
by how the river below gleams
keep your focus forward
knowing you'll reach the end so soon
to where the grass is much greener
and where a field of flowers bloom
so don't give up while crossing
i'll be right here for you
to be you greatest supporter
no matter what it is you do
jason
5/6/09, 8:18am

No comments:
Post a Comment