Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowmaggedon: Act II & III






Above are a few shots from "The Intermission." We were able to see Ford's Theater and play in the National Mall. Unfortunately, most everything else is closed so we've enjoyed some time of relaxation.



On Tuesday, we were able to get into the White House. I sat outside since bags were not allowed inside the White House so I carved out details on a snowman on a bench where I sat in the cold for an hour :) ... The team tried to trick me by saying they saw Obama, however, their inconsistent stories showed that their story was a big fat lie.

Being mean old me, I made them walk to the closed visitors center, up to the closes Washington Monument, around in front of the Lincoln & Jefferson Memorial, over to stop at a Starbucks and then back over to the closed Bureau of Engraving and Printing.

We then proceeded to go eat at the cafeteria in the Longworth Building, then up to the Library of Congress and to the Supreme Court. Since everything pretty much was closed, we headed to the park and they had a battle royale, their third battle while on the trip. They also built a snowman on top of Jonathan Hwang's huge snowball that he rolled up. With the storm coming, we headed back to the hotel, got ready and had a wonderful dinner at a restaurant near our hotel. 

Since had cancelled our trip to Gettysburg for the next day due to weather, we were going to hire a bus for the trip, yet it was more expensive than a hummer limo, which we ended up taking to our play at the Kennedy Center where we saw a wonderful murder mystery play! It was also Brittnie Pak's birthday, so it was a great way to celebrate before we turned in for the night.

Exhausted, everyone got to sleep in today since all our tours were cancelled. The blizzard swept through DC and has dropped about a foot of snow already and more to come for about 3-4 more hours. The wind is simply crazy and I saw horizontal snowfall! If I read it correctly, with the wind chill it was -6 this morning!

Because of the weather, we stayed in and we're going to cook dinner tonight in the hotel ... what's on the menu??? I'm making pasta :) We'll see how it turns out, but for now, it's back to my homework!

Looks like the snow is letting up a bit, so hopefully, we'll have some time to get outside before nightfall!



















No comments:

Post a Comment