~:[CH3 - Day 270]:~ King of the Hill
It was quite the early wakeup as we headed down to Riverside at 5am. It was our first time at this small meet hosted by Cal Baptist. It was nice to have a smaller meet to go to and while we were missing a good number of athletes on the day, we had a number of great performances on the day including the 10th fastest time in school history. It was even more impressive that it was done on a hill course. After the meet, I headed to the airport to catch my flight to NYC. I downed a burger as my stop at Northern Cafe failed due to a power outage. While eating my burger, I was asked to moved due to a "situation." Some guy on the plane had been sick and they had to check him out. After a quick delay, we boarded. I had priority access so I boarded early, I got an exit row and no one sat next to me. It allowed me to pass out for the entire flight, leaving my late arrive at 2am to not be too big of an issue. I'm exhauted, but it was good to start an adventure on a great note.


No comments:
Post a Comment