~:[CH3 - Day 271]:~ SurHIVEing the Big Apple
The early morning wakeup was difficult after arriving late and sleeping at 3am, however, I did it somehow. I was able to meet Anne for brunch which was great catching up. Sarabeth's was a good stop and it filled up pretty quickly. With my batteries running out on my phone due to a problem charging my phone (outlet's fault), I tried to change batteries, but that battery also had issues charging. With low power on my phone, I struggled to get around with detours and delays throughout the Queens area, as I tried to meet Sandy at church. I guess I missed the announcement to switch trains, but listening to my phone, I tried to stay on and ended up missing my stop. Lost in a place I had never been, I caught an Uber to the church and got some time to enjoy a very good sermon about singleness and couples. I found it quite interesting and am taking a few things back that have nothing to do with the topic but can be helpful with my teaching and my team. Heading home, I caught up with Jamie as we walked around Chinatown. We had a great birthday celebration dinner before walking all around Manhattan. However, I increasingly became more uncomfortable on the walk. After getting halal and pizza, I headed up to the room. I realized I was covered in hives and realized I had some sort of allergic reaction. I now sit here hoping that the hives go away ... it slowly has. Regardless, it was a full but fun day and now I am exhausted. I survived the day. Hopefully, I will survive tonight with all these hives.


No comments:
Post a Comment