Friday, December 30, 2016

~:[CH5 - Day 364]:~ Transformations

~:[CH5 - Day 364]:~ Transformations
I finished the evening browsing through old photos. After spending the morning cleaning up around the house, I met up with a former runner. Some students I have are ready made and some make a transformation and really take off. This one was definitely a handful as he was making his way through high school and while one of my top runners, I ended up naming a few of my white hairs after him. Despite that, he always had goodness in his heart and also was surrounded by a family that I loved. In the end, life transformed him as he figured things out, as he goes through his radiology rotations. In talking to him, it is incredible to reflect on all the "obstacles" faced and also to remember all the greatest memories we had. I was so proud of how he has transformed and to know how great of an impact he will have on many of those he will cross. With every alum I get to see over the holidays and breaks, it makes me feel as I am the richest man in the world. Later that evening, I had another meet up and it felt good knowing that great things will be coming her way as well, much like it has for Mark. It's always sad to see students come and go, but is definitely wonderful when in the end, you see them grow into these incredible individuals that you are proud to have known. It's definitely a good lesson for us all that no matter where we come from, at some point, we can make the choice to transform and while things may get in the way, with the right mindset and drive, all things are definitely possible. I had a lot of cleaning to do and as terrible as that could have been, it was easy, as today was truly a great one. Strangely enough, by the end of the night, my room also had a transformation, as what was once an eye sore, became something I realized I should have shown this much appreciation for all along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment