~:[CH5 - Day 363]:~ Something to Appreciate
Today was my second worst drive home from Vegas only worse than a nearly ten hour drive through wind storms, thunderstorms and accidents. After checking out at 11am, we grabbed some food then headed on our way. It would be nearly 7pm before we arrived home. As while it was a terrible drive, especially through the Cajon Pass, there was much to appreciate. Simply the fact that we were alive was a good enough reason, but the beautiful nature that surrounded us and the celebration of a great weekend made me appreciate even more the greatness of the day despite the challenges the drive home posed. Upon arriving home, I quickly grabbed some food and whipped up dinner, as I sat down and had a catch up dinner complete with a hilarious game. It was nice to simply chat and relax before grabbing a quick boba and then relaxing some more into the night. Fatigue hit me hard, but when I looked back, I may have lost a few hours, but I gained so much more in return today. Appreciate all the goodness that surrounds you, even when things seem miserable and the challenges that come your way seem too challenging, we should appreciate all the wonders and beauty of this world.


No comments:
Post a Comment