~:[CH5 - Day 362]:~ In Detail
In counting down to the final few entries of 2016, I noticed that I had made a mistake numbering way back in July. It happens every year and I beat myself up over it, as I have to back and fix the number. It's an imperfection that I cannot handle. However, when walking the strip last night, I once again adored the magic of the architecture and design of all the buildings and how much detail was put into each. Much like my error, in the design and construction of these masterful works of art, there is some detail that is off that the designer is beating themselves up over. As I thought more about it, however, I wonder why we do this to ourselves. In our errors and our mistakes, we find our humanness qualities that make each of us distinct. Similarly, we judge our own selves too much sometimes from our height to our weight to our body parts and even our clothes. While not all others may appreciate the beautiful details of these buildings, those that do, do not see imperfections, rather the beauty and amazingness of these structures as a whole, appreciating the details that each possesses. This humanness is our best quality as it tests us, challenges us, and ultimately helps us grow. It teaches us how to adapt, adjust and accept. It gives us confidence when we learn to accept that we are not perfect and in reality none of us humans are. We all make mistakes, have our flaws, but that is the beauty of life and it that, we find the color in our days helping us discover who we are and what we are made of. In recent days, I have heard a number of songs that talk about accepting who we are because we are special and beautiful. Sadly, not a lot of people see it this way. In reality, know that you are all beautiful and what you see as your flaws are actually the details that make you distinct and ultimately beautiful. You'll have to deal with those who cannot see that and often who are dealing with the view of themselves, but the more we help ourselves see and ultimately those around you see, the more this world will understand that our imperfections are truly gifts that we should embrace.


No comments:
Post a Comment