Sunday, April 28, 2024

~:[CH13 - Day 118]:~ On the Scenic Route

 
~:[CH13 - Day 118]:~ On the Scenic Route

 I used to be one of those kids who always tried to be the fastest to do something. I wanted to finish my homework first, learn a skill first, or even attain something first. I am not sure why I was always in a rush, but over time, I learned that while moving so quickly, I missed a lot along the way. When typing directions into Google Maps, it often gives you the fastest route, but is it the route you want to go? I often change it up and find a way to go the route I want to go; oftentimes the scenic route. I discovered in life that we often miss these beautiful moments when we preoccupy ourselves with trying to make everything happen so quickly. Even when we are not trying to be first, sometimes when we are often so focused on a goal, we miss out on opportunities that may have taken us to where we want to go or others that would have opened our eyes to new beauties and wonders to explore. In our lives, just remember that there is no one single route to where we want to go. Life is full of detours and also, life allows us to travel at our own pace. Even when that pace is not one that we ourselves want to go be going, roll down the window and enjoy the scenic route your on. Shake things up and force some of the things you want to happen, but also don't worry if things don't pan out, rather that having tunnel vision focused on your destination, look out and soak in the beauty of the route you're on. Eventually you'll find your way to your destination or a destination that is destined for you, but don't be afraid not toss Google Maps out the window and follow your own path to discover what lies out there on this path unknown. Maybe, just maybe, it'll be a path that brings you to a place better than you could have ever imagined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment