Monday, April 29, 2024

~:[CH13 - Day 119]:~ Togetherness

 
~:[CH13 - Day 119]:~ Togetherness

There's something about just being together that brings people together. In cross country, we hold a number of events and while they don't always know each other, the more time they spend together, the closer they become. It's true that not everyone will get along, but being in close proximity of people increases your chances of connecting. It's always nice to stake a step back and observe the students together and see them interact. After months preparing and a week in New York, you could see the connections they made over the course of this stretch in order to find the bonds that they have. In my own life, the ones I spend the most time with tend to be those in my inner circle of what I am doing. It's hard because I always want to connect with those who I hold dear in my heart, but often times because of my schedule, it's limited to those within close proximity. It's great to be able to form stronger bonds with those I see regularly, at the same time, it makes me realize that I have to make a greater effort to reach out to those who I don't see as much to ensure that we can also maintain our bonds despite our distance. As the night closed, it was fun to see the team together one last time as they joked around and ran around the shopping plaza before calling it a night. There was plenty of reason to celebrate, as they were recognized one final time for their wonderful efforts to reach this goal they aimed for. Congratulations to the Nationals 2024 delegation from Japan and the Republic of Korea on your accomplishments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment