There were a lot of things to appreciate today. An early morning run reminded me of our roots. I first met Thien when he joined cross country. The boy that always said, "I quit," and gave me every white hair I had at that time, grew into this Boston Marathoner. His love for running led him to having his guest join him for an eight mile run on his favorite course. To reunite with former coaches and athletes was quite enjoyable, as it allowed me to reminisce. Another plus side of the run was being able to enjoy the beauty of Lexington. The houses in the area they ran were gorgeous, including a run across a narrow roadway across the lake. While I was tired, it was fun spending time with the groomsmen, learning the surprise dance, only to completely blow it after I nearly allowed Thien to fall on the ground during the trust fall in the routine. I guess you can never really trust me. Regardless, as I told them when we are practicing, the reality is, nobody will really notice when we perform as long as we bring the energy and so we did. I loved hearing the beautiful speeches, meeting strangers and being friends by night's end, and of course, celebrating the night away together, especially with our Euro-step train around the dance floor. I was exhausted and tired as we cleaned up and packed everything away. However, as impacted as this weekend was, I truly was on my own cloud 9 enjoying this whole experience. It was definitely a pleasure and I am forever grateful for the love you two found and the opportunity to join you on this journey, as together we've shared some fond memories. Congratulations on your marriage!
Saturday, April 20, 2024
~:[CH13 - Day 111]:~ On Cloud 9
~:[CH13 - Day 111]:~ On Cloud 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment