Saturday, October 3, 2026

~:[CH15 - Day 276]:~ Survival Mode

 
~:[CH15 - Day 276]:~ Survival Mode

It's that time of year where I am just trying to survive. Right out of the gate, I am slammed with a schedule that is quite demanding, but I wouldn't change it for the world. As much work and stress as there is to start out, there are so many good things that come out of these moments. From Cow Run to our cross country travel meet to the conference, these events provide something that these students will remember for a lifetime, so it's worth all the white hairs that come along with it. Still yet, it's not easy and I am just trying to survive at some points. This is one of them. Being at school a bit before 6am is not ideal for a Saturday (or any day for that matter), but I'm used to it. I rolled out of bed, packed the car and headed to school. Everything felt routine as I was able to do everything as needed and it felt like I was on auto mode. Have I become a robot? I love that I'm used to this annual routine as I become less anxious, even though I always worry about this and that before it actually happens. So many things can go wrong when planning an event, but today, everything happened as planned. Our SGs did an amazing job and they coordinated well with our staff. My freshman also looked to have enjoyed the day. The end of the day arrive as I let out my sigh knowing that I made it. Survival mode was activate and I survived. I'll love looking back on the photos and videos from the day, but for now, I'll enjoy stretching out on the couch and just lying there for a moment, before I get back to work of course. Thank you to all those who made today possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment