Wednesday, October 7, 2026

~:[CH15 - Day 280]:~ Tolerance & Understanding

 
~:[CH15 - Day 280]:~ Tolerance & Understanding

I thing one of the best things about being in Cerritos is the diversity. There are people from so many different backgrounds with different beliefs and they all seem to mesh together. When teaching, we encounter many difficult topics, but I always try to get them to see all aspects of these topics and then ultimately decide what they believe or the approach they want to take. The main point I want them to see is to be understanding and tolerant of each other. As we teach the religion unit of the book, I always like them to see the similarities across all beliefs. Whatever they want to believe at the end of the day is up to them, but I hope that they can see that all these beliefs want people to be good, to help others, and understand it's about love, compassion, and faith. It's a difficult topic to cover, but at the end of the day, it can be the most rewarding when students can learn and understand others around them that they may see as different from them. The reality is, we're really not all that different at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment