Sunday, June 7, 2009

The BBQ

The BBQ turned out pretty well today.

After spending all day preparing, we had tons of food on the table including an assortment of sashimi (including my favorite, tako-octopus), teriyaki steak and chicken, steak, chile, lime and sesame ginger bacon-wrapped shrimp, salt and pepper shrip, chinese chicken salad, a wide-array of veggies and fruits (grapes, mangos, pineapples, cantalope, strawberries, peppers, carrots, snap peas, tomatoes, etc.), various rolls of sushi, chow mein, fried chicken wings, lumpias, empenadas, the special jello and of course mochi :) ... I may have missed something but it was a load of food.

Outside we had placed a lot of our table and entertainment praying for no rain, which never occurred. It was cold and dark outside, however, we still found a way to enjoy ourselves. We had karaoke on one TV, Zoolander and Mall Cop on the projector, and Wii on a monitor in our backyard.

Although it was a bit awkward at first because all of my friends are from different groups, it ended up being okay and so I was glad that I had this party.


In any case, I forgot to put no gifts on the invitation (I realized some of the invitations didn't reach people, sorry). It ended up though that I received a very cool gifts made by the talents of one my wonderful friends. Simply amazing, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment