Sunday, September 22, 2019

~:[CH8 - Day 265]:~ Blending In

~:[CH8 - Day 265]:~ Blending In
I think a lot of people aim for the spotlight. They want to be at the center of all that is going on, while others want to simply blend it. They don't want to stick out and they want to be able to enjoy life on their own, engaging with others, while not having to stand in the spotlight. I'd prefer the latter. Most people would not agree that it is what I would choose, but it is. It takes a lot of effort for me to get out of my shell and I rather just blend in among the shadows, virtually unnoticed, while being able to explore all that it is about. As we ventured through Portland, we did just that, stood out. With a group, we always seem to bring attention to ourselves and while not always a bad thing, it always is a bit awkward for me. I am always leading groups, but not always wanted to have to do it, not because of the work, but because it keeps me from blending in. I guess that's what we do in life. We make those adjustments and face those uncomfortable situations if the situation requires it. We step in when we don't want to and rise up when we don't have to. From the zoo to the gardens and down to the market, we ventured around - me, the coaches, and a group of 18 athletes. As while I lead a bunch of excitable and gregarious teenagers who are a magnet for attention, the reality is, I rather be blending in with my surroundings, allowing others to pass me by without a second glance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment