Wednesday, April 22, 2020

~:[CH9 - Day 113]:~ Earth

~:[CH9 - Day 113]:~ Earth
I started out titling this post "our" Earth, but that is not the truth at all. We do not own this place and we are not the only ones on this planet. We live in an ecosystem where we all depend on each other to survive. I've seen some beautiful places in my lifetime and one of them was about five  years ago as I stood above the clouds on my ascent to the top of Mt. Fuji. I went before hiking season opened, so the mountain was quiet and with every stop, there were peaceful moments and gorgeous views. As while today is Earth Day, every day is one that we must remember to protect this environment as much as possible. At the very least, let's pick up our trash and keep this planet clean. The one good thing about us being in quarantine, is I despise seeing the amount of trash left on campus after snack or lunch. Similarly, when walking from place to place, it's not uncommon to see trash thrown here or there, sometimes when there is a trashcan nearby. When visiting Japan, I am always reminded of what a place would look like if we all just did our part to keep it clean. As while they have to clean up their act on packaging, like we all do, the cleanliness and treatment of their surroundings is top notch. It's been sad to see the reduction in protection of National Parks and the push to change our environment into money without attention to sustainability, however, it's still not too late to continue to speak up so that the generations that come after us can enjoy this place as much as we did. As while the cold breeze cooled me off after a tough climb, I was left in awe of the beauty of this place we call Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment