~:[CH9 - Day 92]:~ A Little Bit of Heart
It arrived. I ordered an 8lb jar of chili garlic sauce (sambal). I wasn't sure when it would arrive, but I wouldn't be able to cook this dish without it as my stash of sauce went bad. Last summer, I cooked for someone from Japan and when I gave him his meal, I asked him how it was. His response was it was more delicious because you could feel the love in it. Honestly, I didn't think much about what he said at that point, but as I've been cooking at home and plating food, I can see what he means. Plating my food has always been a fun activity that stems from my art background. Yes, for those who didn't know, I majored in art in college. I just feel creative energy when I cook and look for ways to make things look nice. It's easier when I'm cooking one meal a week, but tougher, when I'm cooking more regularly since I am home. Regardless, with less options since I am using what we have around the house, I still have fun and can even make some of my signature dishes. As I finished up today's dish, I thought about that comment and as I placed the heart-shaped strawberry down, I realized exactly what he meant. I guess when I cook for myself simplicity is more acceptable than when I cook for others where I put more effort in. As I thought about it more, I think that many of us do that. We work harder when we know that it will benefit others and for that, I am so grateful. To be surrounded by people who put so much though and love into what they do when it's for others is truly a blessing. As today is a day to say "gotcha" to some of your closest companions, there's no doubt that it's no joke that some of the most amazing people are those around me. As while these times are tough and will be tough as we move forward, let's be sure to put a little extra love in everything we do, as little do we know just how far that love will go.


No comments:
Post a Comment