Saturday, April 4, 2020

~:[CH9 - Day 95]:~ Money Down the Drain

~:[CH9 - Day 95]:~ Money Down the Drain
I finished my taxes today. In 2017, my federal return was nice, however, since the "Christmas gift to the middle class" tax reform, I barely got a return last year, and had to pay for the first time in my life this year. I know, it's more complicated than what I get back, but I've never been close to paying and this year, sadly my payment will be greater than my stimulus deposit. I'm just tired of hearing promises that are lies, which people will believe. I never believed it would be a better setup for me and expected this, but still, it's sad when you see the reality. With the recent Covid-19 chaos, we've heard similar statements, falsehoods, deception, and more. It's disappointing to have a POTUS who acts to protect his ego, doesn't maintain the professionalism and calm we need right now, and trusts his gut, which has been wrong quite a bit, however, sadly, the problems are all around in our leadership. The leadership in government, but also the leadership in companies need some direction. However, as I said in a previous post, instead of us waiting for solutions, we can find ways to make thing work and turn the tide at least a little in our favor. I've been inspired by seeing posts of people raising money for the medical workers, more companies and the wealthy stepping up to donate, the lab workers trying hard to develop tests and a vaccine, and people just helping others and stepping  up to keep doing their job. My friends and I started a weekly virtual poker game. As we talked, I was inspired as I hear them talking about going in and continuing to work to face this battle. Although they are not the first line of defense, they still put themselves out regularly to work in the hospitals. I didn't win our poker game. However, at least I didn't feel like it was money down the drain. It wasn't the way I wanted to end my day, however, on a day when I uncovered great memories from high school, my first few years teaching, whipped up a good meal for my family, and had some virtual time with my friends, it only became a speck of dust on a squeaky clean window. Even when things bring us down, find a way to turn that "money down the drain" moment and make it into a "money well spent" one. We all have a right to happiness, but in order to find it, we first have to allow ourselves to. Don't wait for others to do things for you, but take the reigns and make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment