~:[CH10 - Day 55]:~ Special Treat
Just after the day had officially started, I ended up with some potentially good news, but at the same time it was a little stressful. Would it happen or would it not? With a nice morning which included some very insightful training, I ventured off and ended up with that special treat. Not only did I get the vaccine, I got to spend time with my sister who I haven't seen in so long. Normally during a normal school year, I would be able to stop by at least a few times a week, but it's been awhile since we've seen each other, although we've passed by, dropping off things and seeing each other in meetings, including earlier in the day. Thanks to her and her mom, this all came to pass. As much time as I spent figuring this all out, it just lined up all of a sudden with a day where almost nobody signed up. Regardless, it was a special treat and one worth celebrating. As dinner rolled around, I had already planned to make Korean BBQ at home, but didn't know there would be a reason to celebrate. Making my own bulgogi sauce and banchan including japchae, it ended up being the perfect balance of foods and definitely was a delicious meal. We grilled up the kalbi, marinated the bulgogi, made kimchi pork belly and then added all the sides. It was a lot of dishes, but somehow, it always becomes a pretty quick meal to make. It was a perfect way to end this fabulous day. Life sometimes throws these unexpected surprises at you and the only thing you can really do in times like this is be thankful and celebrate. Special shoutout to my sister and mom, as this was such a special treat.


No comments:
Post a Comment