
~:[CH10 - Day 59]:~ Plain & Simple
I like to overdo things a lot. I make things more elaborate than they need to be sometimes. A five page paper requirement? Let's make it fifteen. How should I make this design? Let's go all in. What should I make for dinner? Let's spice it up. Over time though, sometimes you realize that it doesn't need to be that way. Often times, keeping it plain and simple is the way to go. In my hunger of the day, I was craving something salty. I kept thinking, what can I cook up to satisfy this craving. It the end, I kept it simple. I boiled some water, threw in some rice and ochazuke and I was done. It hit the spot. It wasn't elaborate and I only had to open a packet and boil some water, but it did everything I needed to do. Although it's nice when you go above and beyond, especially in times like these, it's always good to remind ourselves that we can just keep it plain and simple. We've been so trained to make what we do better than the next, but in reality, in this over-the-top world, often times the best things are plain and simple.

No comments:
Post a Comment