The sun set, as I looked at our resurfaced track for the first time. Over the winter break, they redid the track in preparation for our upcoming season. The track was in pretty bad shape and it was a nice refresh as the new season starts. The refresh also meant that our equipment on the field was moved around. Unfortunately, the rain combined with it not being covered properly led to the mats being soaked, but we managed to move over half of the equipment back to its original location. It felt a little weird as it reminded me of the day when we first installed the new track. It was miraculous moving from a dirt track to an all-weather one. There was a bit of joy despite being a little dirty and dealing with the effort of moving these heavy mats and such. As the sunset, that joy remaining as I cleaned up and headed to MUN. Tonight was our first night meeting for Nationals and I felt that they were on track. Although there is a lot of room for improvement, this being just the beginning, I think we can work on molding them and giving them all a refresh as well. We'll see how things shape up as we head into the future, but for now, things feel like they're on track and we just need to keep pushing forward.
Wednesday, January 7, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
(1).jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment