Sunday, December 1, 2013

~:[CH2 - Day 335]:~ Finding Peace

~:[CH2 - Day 335]:~ Finding Peace
After catching up with a friend over breakfast, I headed to the Seoul Olympic Park. I could not imagine how large this place was! I thought it would be a quick stop and soon it turned into a long adventure. I wandered through the endless sculpture garden, through all the stadiums including a velodrom, gymnastics hall, and swim center, up a huge hill to check out the view of the city, and ended at the museum. It was such an unexpected find and such a blessing. I then decided to take the next stop over at Jamsil and went to Lotte World. I was just planning on visiting the Lotte Store, but I got a whole lot more :P ... while it was more of a kids place, which did get on my nerves a bit when waiting in line. I still enjoyed the experience of another theme park. The French Revolution was a cool in door coaster, Pharaoh's Fury was just like Indiana Jones, and just how large the indoor part of it was was something to soak in. They also had an indoor "big foot rapids" type ride and with my luck, I was the ONLY one to get wet. I then had last minute plans and caught up with Eileen! It was great to see her and enjoyed a traditional Korean meal followed by some expensive tea and dessert in the Gangnam area. I was also able to catch up with another friend afterward and just topped off a day that I was not sure how it would end up. I was lucky with warm weather yesterday, but learned today that I better check the weather before I leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment