Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Gratitude Challenge: Day 3

Gratitude Challenge: Day 3

1) I am grateful for delicious food that we can eat a restaurant or whip up in our own kitchens. While some may be better than others, my trip to Thailand this summer made me even more appreciative of how lucky we are to even have food on our tables.

2) I am grateful for my students both past and present who I am proud to work with almost every day. While at times they drive me crazy when they don't stop talking, don't follow through, or do not meet expectations, it's always wonderful to see them learn, grow, and move on into a wonderful world that awaits them. Along the way, they also teach me more than I ever thought I'd know, as they also keep me in check, reminding me that there is a lot to learn.

3) I am grateful for the opportunity to sponsor a child. While I didn't think much of it at the time, sponsoring a child was one of the best decisions of my life. Not only do I have a binder full of drawings and letters, I also saw first hand the difficulties that my sponsor child and her family dealt with on a daily basis and made me realize even more how far each dollar goes. Through this experience, she is able to get more access to education, both academically and spiritually, however, I was also educated because of this process.

What are you grateful for Erika Resultay, Mitchell Lin, and  Sunny S. Fu??? (List 3 things you are grateful for for 7 days)

No comments:

Post a Comment