Friday, November 21, 2014

~:[CH3 - Day 325]:~ Ballin' it Up

~:[CH3 - Day 325]:~ Ballin' it Up
Alumni/Staff Games is always a fun day. It was even more fun, as the crowds filled the stands more than ever before! Of course, before all that could happen, I had to survive the craziness of the day. After finishing up our Columbus Trial and the Production Possibility Curves Quiz, our classes made cards to people they were thankful for! It's always a great assignment and an opportunity to have the students thing about what they are thankful for. In the Columbus Trial, Columbus was found guilty on 3 of the 6 counts against him among the three periods with the defense winning twice and the prosecution once. After class, I had to go get the senior privilege items which was apple pie this year. In the past, they bought pies and distributed them, but they ended up being a challenge to hand out, so we used McDonalds. It may not have been the best, but it was something and a relatively quick handout. I then was able to prep for the game. In the teachers game, the staff was down big as the freshman were sinking 3-pointers all game. However, the staff battled back and got a few favorable calls in order to seal the comeback victory! The coaches faced the JV team and despite the close battle, the coaches pulled away enough and kept the comeback at bay. In the game, I took two charges, the second of which left my wrist in pain (I'll check it out soon). I also got to play in the girls alumni vs varsity game. The girls varsity team was strong and was able to handle us and the alumni. The varsity boys faced their alumni and despite a furious comeback from the alumni, the varsity team was able to fend them off. It was an exhausting day, but still ended up heading out to Lazy Dog for a post-game meal. It was nice catching up again and look forward to this great season!

No comments:

Post a Comment