~:[CH6 - Day 107]:~ The Day We Fly
I hate the beach. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Yet, there is something magical about it that keeps me returning back time after time. The beach brings back painful memories of the past, the water has been a villain, yet it always has served as a place that mends my heart and soul. I think we all get that way. We struggle through life trying to make things work and time after time we fail, we flutter. We had hopes to soar, yet those hopes get dashed, as we end up back on the ground. Even when we do fly, we go nowhere or even backward, breaking our spirit and our hope for what is ahead. Yet, despite hating the beach, I keep returning. Maybe it's because the athletes love this place so much, maybe it's calling my name, or maybe it's simply because I refuse to give up. At some point in our lives we find that challenge that has plagued us for so long. It's easy for us to find another way, to go a different route, or to find a new place completely, but is that the best choice for us in the long run. A broken heart is devastating, a broken spirit is life altering, yet giving up on what we hope and dream for knowing all too well that we can ... what can we call that? As I ran along the beach through the flock of seagulls appreciating the view around me, I realized that I must continue to flutter until I find the day where I begin flying, overcoming all that I could not overcome before. Each of us has our journey and each of us will have our challenge, but no matter how different our challenge is, we have the same common goal, to see if we can in fact fly. I am rooting for you all and cannot wait until the day that you too will be soaring through the air in a majestic sky, even if it's in a place that I hate. It's painful being here, but how else will I mend my heart and soul so I have what I need to keep trying so I may join the flock. One day you will. One day I will.


No comments:
Post a Comment