Thursday, April 27, 2017

~:[CH6 - Day 117]:~ In All Our Differences ... Similarities

~:[CH6 - Day 117]:~ In All Our Differences ... Similarities
With project diversity week in full effect, today was the biggest event of the week, project diversity. It's always interesting to see what they have planned and also how many different cultures we have at our school. While most people think Asian when they think of our school, we truly have a mix of cultures on site. With dances, signing, and acting, the assembly was entertaining. After getting things together, I ended up on the track, as we wrapped up our final meet of the dual meet season. It was a nice way to end the season ... with a sweep. As I thought back on the day as we ate at shabu shabu, I realized that despite our differences, we find more similarities between us. It's always funny how sometimes those things work out. Often times, you only see it in the movies, that is, in discovering our differences, we find that we are actually the same. It's always nice to see our students perform, however, for them to focus on such a deep and personal event, as sky truly is the limit for them. Who knows where each of them will end up, however, I am glad to have known such a diverse group of people who can teach me so much about their cultures so that I may better understand the people of this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment