Monday, April 24, 2017

~:[CH6 - Day 114]:~ I am a Don

~:[CH6 - Day 114]:~ I am a Don
I didn't know what to expect when I posted this. I thought, it's going to take me a few months before I could get enough contacts to begin the process of interviewing people or taking the time to tell their stories in a short feature. Little did I know that Dons are forever. In less than a day, I've already been contacted by students from the first class of the school, by my former students and classmates, by parents of my students, former staff members and more. I've always been proud to be at Cerritos High School, but today, I am not sure if I have ever been more proud. I loved being at the school as a student involved in sports, ASB, MUN and clubs. The dances and events were great, my classmates were great and I loved the staff as well. Everywhere I went, I bragged about how great our school was. I never expected to be back to the school once I graduated; however, for over half my life, I have been at Cerritos High School, continuously learning more and more about being a Don and becoming even more proud that I am one. In about four years time, we will be celebrating our 50th year as a school. When the school first opened, students attended school at Gahr HS before the school actually finished the current campus and slowly the school grew into the school we know of today. As I close my eyes and image how the school has transformed, all the stories I am now being told, the great accomplishments of our students, the influence that teachers had on their students, the love that was found on campus, the connection to family at the school and more, have transformed the once very basic sketches into a vivid reality that is the spirit of Cerritos High. I can only image the stories I will get over the course of the next few years, as I meet the various alumni who are spread across this planet, hoping that I can capture the meaning of being a Don. I am not sure what all the reasons were that I decided to ask permission to begin on this project, but now that I've begun, I am excited for the journey that is ahead. I've already know of some of the talented people that have walked through our halls such as actors, musicians, lawyers, humanitarians, doctors, authors, teachers, military leaders, entrepreneurs and more, but I know I will discover that aside from all the amazing roles, positions and accomplishments of people that have come out of Cerritos High School, that they were amazing, caring and incredible people, who are ready to show the world the Cerritos Way. I am not sure how this project will transform over the course of the next four years, however, her legends that were once untold, may soon be revealed, as I cannot wait to meet all the Dons of this world who have been the guardian, shield and guide for this world and who built the foundation for a factory that has produced so many great individuals. In a matter of hours, I have begun to hear stories from them and hopefully, I'll be lucky enough to meet as many of them as possible. To all those Dons I've already met, I cannot wait to see you again and to all those I have yet to meet, I am excited for the days ahead.  My name is Jason Watanabe and I am proud to be a Don. 

50th Anniversary Film Information Request:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc9YJRpBPVjEV4IdiI1CuWlegnzr2I2XaXjx7gv_gqdn5e3Xg/viewform?usp=sf_link

No comments:

Post a Comment