~:[CH6 - Day 97]:~ Rumor Has It
I was pretty tired when I got to school, mostly from the emotional drain that took place last night. I dragged through the day a bit as we prepped for UCI. However, I made it to the end of the day, enjoyed a great day with the team on a food run and wrapped up the week. Of course, as our principal says, Cerritos never sleeps. It does not. I ventured out to see our play rumors since it was the only night I could. It was awesome. With a small cast set in a single scene, the actors captivated the audience and ultimately left us in awe with the story they told with all their emotions. It was hilarious and pretty much all was on point. As the song played as we walked out, the words "rumor has it" repeated in my mind as I only could think, "rumor has it" that I am lucky to work with such talented students and individuals. This production demonstrated how amazingly talented our students were, something that is commonplace when I am on our campus. In all facets, our school demonstrated the multi-talented students and staff that we have and I am left proud each time I come across something that they produce. I am still exhausted, but this was exactly what I needed right now to take my mind away from all the emotional stress of yesterday. My mind still wanders worrying, but at least tonight, my mind could focus on this amazing production. In both the good times and the bad though I am reminded that "rumor has it" that I am the luckiest person alive, as I am surrounded by people who are talented, who are hard working, who can endure and persevere and who demonstrated qualities that I hope to reflect as I continue on in my life. It's no rumor, I am blessed because I am a Don.


No comments:
Post a Comment