Friday, October 6, 2017

~:[CH6 - Day 279]:~ Spin Cycle

~:[CH6 - Day 279]:~ Spin Cycle
Life can get so routine for people, They wake up, they go to work, they go home to eat dinner and start again. It's a cycle that is almost dizzying. As I sat at my computer with my head feeling as if it's in a spin cycle, I thought to myself, how lucky am I that the schedule is not mine. On a given day, there are a million wrinkles that differ that lead to such an interesting day. It can get exhausting, but as I sit here now, even with my head turning, I know that all the energy spent is an investment in the lives of these amazing individuals. Today, our team got in trouble, but it was a ffew of the athletes got upset at their teammates for slacking off and stepped up. I didn't raise my voice one, as they took care of it with the team. It wasn't easy for the captain to speak up, but he did and broke the cycle of me stepping in to disciplinarian role. It broke that cycle and was an impressive moment. Sure, it disrupted the norm, but it might have been exactly what everyone needed to hear. Sometimes the same voice leads to comfort and routine and mixing it up a bit will gain the interest of those who are here to learn and who are here to be guided. With a homecoming rally, where we had one of our cross country girls make the top five to a potluck where it's always nice to see a good mix of athletes attending, today was anything but the spin cycle. While I can't figure out why my head is spinning and don't feel comfortable at all, I still am smiling because I realize how awesome life is. I understand that even in bad situations, can we find a glimmer of hope, know that we have the potential to fly to the moon and back. Today was simply magical, it was surreal and a lot of it had to do with the fact that I am not a member of the spin cycle, throwing routine and repetition out the door leaving an opportunity for many new and exciting opportunities. As while it's hard to say where we are headed from here, all I know is that I need to remove myself from the spin cycle so I can find the extraordinary that lies within our every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment