Saturday, October 21, 2017

~:[CH6 - Day 294]:~ This Sky

~:[CH6 - Day 294]:~ This Sky
I entitled what I wore tonight at Homecoming, "This Sky." This guy or this sky? Regardless, it was an amazing event and it is always wonderful to see all of your students dressed up and having a great evening. My cross country group had to spend all day together as they ran at the City of Angels Invitational. We had a pretty good performance at the meet including a runner up varsity finish and a strong varsity girls finish despite missing a scorer. It was sad that it was the last invitational for our team as we head into league finals and CIF. We all got cleaned up and got ready for the beautiful event. Our gym always undergoes a transformation as I heard person after person go, "WOW," when they walked into the gym. It is definitely out of this world! As I watched all the students enjoy their evening, I couldn't help but think how among all the stress of school, activities and life, a day like today can be something that allows them to be taken away from it all. We all need that day to do it and I am glad that many of my students joined in to be flown "To the Moon and Back." I was so exhausted by night's end that I upload my photos to the wrong album and somehow duplicated it all. However, maybe the duplication was not an error but just a sign of how amazing my mind thought tonight was. Whatever the case may be, it was a day to remember and another memory stored in my vault of things that all seem to be a dream. While my outfit was suppose to be themed to the sky, it was this guy who was walking on air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment