~:[CH6 - Day 289]:~ Another Voice
I think poetry became my voice when I was in junior high. I think the introvert in me never really was comfortable expressing myself and always left me uneasy when I wanted to say something important. Even today, I have a difficult time expressing my emotions. Over my lifetime, I've written hundreds of poems and as I look back on them, it's interesting how they are like a history of my life. It captures the emotions I felt on a particular day and allows me to relive some of the memories I have, both good and bad. I wish I was gifted with the ability to say what I want when I needed to, but in exchange, I think poetry and my blog have provided me an outlet to express myself. It's given me another voice that I've always needed. There are so many words that I regret not saying at the right time, but I know that one day, another voice will let my thoughts be heard loud and clear.


No comments:
Post a Comment