Sunday, October 29, 2017

~:[CH6 - Day 302]:~ The Palate of Life

~:[CH6 - Day 302]:~ The Palate of Life
I sit here looking at my dinner thinking, how great this will be for my palate. If it had a mouth, it would be smiling and if it had a soul, it would be jumping for joy. With each meal, I think about how it compares to life. Even with the simplest of meals, I want to try and present it well, as I believe that the quality you put into your food can represent the effort you put into life. If you think about it, we all strive to fulfill our own palates for life when we go about things. For some, the simplest of lives will do, but even then, we have something that we desire, whether it be love, adventure, power, religion, food, etc., there is something that we desire and that will make our lives fulfilled. In some cases, some of those don't fit together, much like the combinations of foods, while at other times, having all that we strive for can be harmonious. As I think of my own goals, I think about how I can piece it all together so that it can be harmonious. I think my goals are fairly simple, however, even the simplest of things have complexities that we never see coming. Regardless, I hope that we all can fulfill our palate of life. As while we cannot always have it all, we can ensure that we get a taste of the goods things in life every once in awhile. Appreciate it, savor it, and remember it when you get the chance, as just like a fine dining meal, it could be gone before you know it. With every opportunity you get, don't take it for granted, even when it's the simplest of moments, as you never know when you'll get those opportunities again. I smiled after tonight's dinner. My mouth and my stomach were content, but after thinking about how I've fulfilled my palate of life, my heart and my soul were also content. I have a ways to go, but I can honestly say that I've treated my palate well and if you haven't, it's never too late to start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment