Wednesday, August 28, 2019

~:[CH8 - Day 240]:~ Let's Dream

~:[CH8 - Day 240]:~ Let's Dream
I think this picture sums it up well. As kids we always have these big dream, as we are allowed to sleep the days and nights away. While children never sleep as long as parents would hope, it seems as if they have quite the amazing dreams, as their imaginations run wild. Fast forward a few decades and we begin to sacrifice that sleep for work and for family, losing out on the rest, but also losing out on the time we have to dream. Why are children and even teens allowed to dream, but as adults, when we dream, we are almost classified as living in a fantasy world? Why can't we continue to dream? While we may never really get the rest we need, we can still find it in ourselves to dream of what greatness we can find on the road ahead. There are many opportunities, but by the time we grow much older, we stop looking for them or fail to see them all together. Whenever I see this image, I always want to be in the same pose, exhausted from all the deadlines and things on my to-do list, however, even if I can't catch up on all that sleep, I hope that I will continue to dream of all the great things that are awaiting me in the future. We all will grow old, but much like Peter Pan, let's not lose our ability to hope and to dream. Open your eyes to the possibilities out there, continue to have faith in the world around you and truly believe in yourself and your potential, as there are great things awaiting you ahead. Let's shed the mundane routine of an adult life and let's all dream together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment