~:[CH10 - Day 293]:~ Precious Moments
There was definitely an eerie feeling today. When attending our meeting today, I discovered that our throw coach and assistant football coach had passed away. Originally I had though he had gone off the grid and was found, but I was sad to hear of his passing. I had come across him when he was at Bellflower, although my memory of him was a bit foggy, however, for our team, he showed up at the right time. I told him that we had already distributed our stipends, but he willingly took the role as a volunteer for the opportunity to simply work with the athletes. We had a few years where the team was coaching themselves as a captain took charge and worked with his teammates, sacrificing his own performance. When Coach Peters came in, you could see the exciting me, this athlete and the team had. It wasn't just about the work, there was some fun and excitement to it, athletes reached personal bests, and we even had new athletes join and grow the team. With few girls on the throws teams, we shifted a few athletes who only had one event to the throws for another event and he gladly took them in, worked with them and left a lasting impression with them. They always say that someone comes into your life at a just the right time. The moments I had with Coach Peters were precious and I could feel just how special he was, however, it's sad to say that our time together was short. We always wish we had more time with people after they pass, however, it's important that we don't take a single moment for granted and make the most of ever second we are given. While we only had a few moments together, those moments were precious especially for the athletes that he worked with. There is no doubt in my mind that the impact he had in just the short time he was with us will be evident for years to come. My heart is heavy, but I am confident that he is looking down upon us as he brings joy to the heavens much like he did here on earth. May we cherish all of our precious moments with our loved ones always. To Coach Peters, thank you for all the countless lives you blessed, may you rest in peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment