
~:[CH12 - Day 110]:~ Never Quit
Often times, my parents know more about what's going on in basketball (well, all sports) than I do. While I follow along with the teams I support, they tend to stay afloat with the majority of the teams as they play on TV. My mom knows the players, not only on the Clippers, but on most teams. When I was in Boston, we decided to go to game 3, but sadly, before the game, we found out, we would be out our 1-2. What I like about this year's team is, they have a never quit attitude. It gets frustrating when they make mental errors and have their defensive breakdowns, but you always see them giving their all. In this game, the frustrations mounted with the crowds as the Suns went to the line 46 times. It looked like they would be cruising to victory, yet this team chipped away at the lead and had a three in the final minute go in and out, which could have been a turning point. There are no consolation prizes for a loss, however, you gain a lot of respect when you see these athletes step up into these roles. It's easy to get discouraged when you feel like you're at a disadvantage or when everything that could go wrong does, but when that happens, I hope we can see that no matter what, we should never back down and never quit. I definitely was sad and frustrated (at the refs) as I drove home, but still, there was a piece of me the was inspired by this team that never backed down even when all the odds were stacked against them.

No comments:
Post a Comment