One thing I like about my upbringing is how close I grew up connected to my roots. I always enjoyed the American lifestyle, but never really lost contact to the Japanese culture. Of course, when it comes to language, I definitely have a long way to go, but in terms of connecting with the culture of Japan, my friends and relatives in Japan are astonished how much the culture is embedded in my daily life. I do like to experience all cultures, attention festivals and events, learning from friends, studying the history and of course eating the food among other things, however, I have always stayed close to my roots. As most know, I've been working on some projects in Japan and when I go back and forth, the transition is nearly seamless. My meals are similar to what I may normally eat and nothing really surprises me, except when I get stuck trying to respond to something some said to me so quickly in Japanese. I had a few things to finish up as we head into the break, but as I did, I got to enjoy another beautiful moment reminded me of my roots. It won't be long before I have to head back to work on my next project, but for now, I'll still enjoy life here at home without losing contact with my roots.
Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment