Friday, April 7, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 97]:~ Not Alarmed

 
~:[CH12 - Day 97]:~ Not Alarmed

Today I set no alarm. I think one thing that retired teachers mention after they retire is, they don't miss the bells. Our lives are so structured around moving from one bell to another, that we kind of are trained to move by this bell, our daily alarm. While we wish we could snooze it, the school bells don't wait, as it's going to happen with or without you. I enjoyed not having that alarm today and got a taste of what retirement life might feel like. I felt rested and unrushed for a change, rolled out of bed, did my laundry, and got a little bit of work done. I didn't do as much as I wanted as I had to finish up a few tasks for tomorrow including the event buttons and getting my equipment ready. The day quickly passed by as my list of things to do today was kind of misplaced. Yes, I'll have more work to do down the road during the break, but at least for today, I truly enjoyed the fact that this day was not alarmed. No schedule, no deadlines and of course, no alarms. 


No comments:

Post a Comment