~:[CH13 - Day 248]:~ The World Out There
I have 11,350 squashed pennies, I joked as I gathered another one from the machine. I don't have that many in reality, but I've collected a number of them from around the world when I stop off in place to place. The world is such a large and vast place with so many nooks and crannies to visit. There is so much to see. It is why I love taking students to see the world that is out there. During your adventures, there will be great times such as spending time with your friends and there will be times where you fall to the ground, as I did ever so gracefully on the streets of Berkeley, but with each thing that you do, another memory is created. You'll typically slowly forget what you want to and will continue to hold on to the beautiful memories such as these. As we met alumni at Sather's gate, drove down Lombard Street and walked through Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39, the team created new memories as they began to enjoy the world out there together. After a long day, where I left early to drop off some people at the airport, before I drove the luggage and equipment up to meet them at SFO, I laid down exhausted as I scrolled through the photos on my phone, The camera roll was a but a sliver of the many memories I've collected that I cherish as I move forward in life. As I look forward to what's ahead, it's moments like this that I will continuously remember and hold dear to my heart as I find the next memory while exploring this amazing word that is out there.

No comments:
Post a Comment