
~:[CH15 - Day 49]:~ Only Patience
Everything was going too well. I woke up on time and didn't have to rush out the door. The train was comfortable. I successfully replaced my ID. Check in went smoothly. I was rested and relaxed until I wasn't. The 45 minute delayed turned to 2.25 hours to three hours then on to four. It would be easy to grumble and complain, but I figured out my plan ahead and went to sleep. What more can I do? Sometimes life is just like that. There are times where we get delayed, but there isn't much we can do about it. Why should we complain when it won't change anything? In that situation, the only thing you can do is show patience. Patience is a skill. When you do it, you keep your blood pressure down, but find that the world isn't against you. Often, you find a brighter path as you head forward and at the end of the day, you can give yourself a pat on the back. In this society of instant gratification and deadlines, sometimes we need to relax a bit and show a little patience as when we slow down, we might see the view we otherwise would have missed. Sure, I wish things worked out better, but at the end of the day, there was nothing I could about it, so why fret? It was one of those long double days as I finished up work and practice after I arrived, but I found some peace in all around me, because I kept my cool and just went with the flow; the kind of situation created by patience.

No comments:
Post a Comment