
~:[CH15 - Day 216]:~ (Un)Accustomed
I sat down with a final meal with a friend. I decided to stay around in Tokyo instead of taking a gig that was about 90 minutes away. There were a lot of benefits to going there, but I decided, my last day should be relaxing and comfortable. It was. I was getting accustomed to the prices in Japan, as I sat there in front my dish that would be over twenty dollars in the US. It was half that. I arrived to this place by train, something I won't have the luxury of when I go home as I conveniently jet from place to place, knowing exactly how long it will take. Of course, I will not miss the humidity and the language barrier, but there were so many things I was once unaccustomed to that became so ordinary. There are pros and cons wherever I go and there will be benefits when I set foot back at home, however, there will be a longing for those things I left behind as the day cannot come fast enough when I'll be back to the place that grew on me. With the mindset that it wasn't a vacation going in, I truly embraced a normal daily schedule, as I went from meeting to event to appointment. It didn't matter that I was busy. We all find our points in life that feel comfortable and this was one of them for me. I settled in. Of course, I cannot hold on to what was as I must adapt back to what I will feel unaccustomed to once again, but that comfort level will come over time until the day I leave again. I'll stop looking over my shoulder, rather look ahead, as another chance at growing, learning, and experiencing lies ahead. Like a strand of spaghetti, eventually our journey will end, still yet, we can still enjoy the many flavors that life has waiting for us. I finished my pasta as we ventured out a bit longer before I headed back to prepare for my departure. A sadness overcame me as I realized tomorrow would be my last, still yet, I was glad that today and every day before it exists as it did. Thank you to everyone who was apart of my past, my present, and will be part of my future.

No comments:
Post a Comment