Thursday, August 6, 2026

~:[CH15 - Day 218]:~ The Memories Digitized

 
~:[CH15 - Day 218]:~ The Memories Digitized

The satisfaction of getting everything organized is amazing. As I put away my final things from the trip, my laundry folded, and my final messages sent out, I also was wrapping up the hardest task of all, sorting out my digital files. For most, it's a process of finding the most scenic and memorable pictures, but for me, it's a matter of sorting individuals, events, meetings, and more. Everyone always asks me how I am able to find photos and videos when I need them and this is the most important way. As I sorted out my files, I divided them by category and put them all into their drives and folders where I can easily recall them. As I did, I was able to remember parts of my journey that I had forgotten.  I think it's easier when we had film, as we can physically look at each photo and recall these memories, With digitized photos, sometimes those memories get buried under thousands of files, never to be seen again. I try my best to ensure that the memories of these days don't become forgotten as I can highlight some of the photos and store away the rest to be reviewed another day. One day, maybe all these photos will suddenly disappear, but for now, I'll treasure what I have, hoping that I can stay forever connected to these memories I've developed over time. I still have a little ways to go before my final photos are stored away, but for now, as each photo gets put away, I'll be sure to recollect the memories that comes along with each precious file. 

No comments:

Post a Comment